Thursday, June 10, 2010

She Had Two Loves and Lots of Shoes

All of my days and nights over the past month or so have all been thoughts of fabulous footwear. And when I say fabulous I am saying that when you walk into a room all eyes will be on the your gorgeous gams and luscious stilettos. For this piece I picked one of my favorite designers since I was little and pulled five of my favorite pairs to show you. I hope you enjoy! *Just a side note.....All of these shoes are all $240 or less. The designer is Badgley Mischka.



The Eavan Open Toed Pump with Crystal Encrusted Brooch. 4 1/4 inches. $200. (shown above in nude satin)







The Randee T-Strap Sandal with luxurious floral detailing. 4 1/2 inches. $200. (shown above in gold satin)
The Platinum Hart Sequined Pump. 4 1/2 inches. $190. (shown above in black/silver sequins)






The Elani Metallic Sandal with Mesh Oversized Bow. 4 1/4 inches. $190. (shown above in black satin w/black and gold bow)



The Tai Pump with Tiered Leather Ruffle Detail. 4 inches. $170. (shown above in ice)

All of the shoes shown above are available at selected Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom, Various Boutiques, and a handful of Online Stores. The most amazing thing about these shoes is that I actually discovered them at www.amazon.com. And further more while I was viewing I couldn't find my favorites in the color I wanted so I took the name and shoes name and googled. And I found them for even less expensive! And to top it off, all of this collection is available in about 4 different colors per shoe. Please let me know your favorites!

More about the designers.........In 1988, Mark Badgley and James Mischka, two Parsons grads and romantic partners, borrowed $250,000 from their families to realize their vision of glamorous, Old Hollywood–style gowns. Quick praise from heavyweights like Vogue poured in for the unique, often hand-beaded creations, but true Cinderella moments came in 1996, when both Winona Ryder and Teri Hatcher achieved red-carpet nirvana in Badgley Mischka gowns. They designed the second wedding dress worn by Charlotte York on Sex and the City and scored the Olsen twins as spokesmodels in 2006. Despite money woes, they found financial backing in parent companies like Escada in 1993 and Iconix in 2004. The boys have gone bridal in a big way, adding engagement rings and bridesmaid dresses to their successful wedding repertoire. They also do dressed-up daywear, sportswear, and lingerie, but embellished eveningwear is still their calling card.

Peace & Love

S

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These shoes took my breath away!! I LOOOVVVEEE them, especially the Randee T strap and the Elani Metallic, gorgeous!